Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bikes and Math

David learned to ride his bike!!!
YAHOOO

Here is the deal my children are slow to learn to ride their bikes.   Other kids in the neighborhood learned at 4, not my kids.   With all of David's issues' I wasn't sure if he would learn for a long time, but that was before he was a cub scout and a bike rodeo was coming up.

The bike rodeo was the dangling carrot he needed.  He didn't want to be the only kid who couldn't ride.  Last Saturday I took him to the drive way, we got out his bike and he took off!   (The power of prayer at work).   He need a little help getting going, then he was off.     On the third try he figured out how to start by himself.  I am amazed.

Here is a clip from the park's tennis courts...


I have always joked that , yes other child might climb trees better then mine and ride their bikes sooner, but my kids can out math most kids.   One of our friends said in the long run that is probably better to have good math skills.

 That leads me to my next picture.

This is what I found on the dry erase board this morning.  Margaret (who didn't learn her bike until the end of 2nd grade) had been teaching David a little math...


Some kids draw puppies, kittens and flowers, not mine they draw math probability.

    Really?

Look out bike rodeo here comes David!
Look out world here comes my math loving kids!



3 comments:

Ashley said...

High five to my fellow late learners! I was 8 too!

Aimee D said...

it took my guy a while too and I'm giving up hope that my chick will ever ride w/o training wheels or really at all!

Jane said...

she isn't 4 yet, give her time.