Saturday, November 22, 2008

hello

Hello - yes we are alive here in NC. I have been so busy getting ready for Thanksgiving I have not had time to stop and update my blog. I see a light at the end of the Thanksgiving tunnel. Now if can just get everyone well - we will be good to celebrate Thanksgiving.

We have been busy with church and school for the Thanksgiving season we went last weekend and ate with our church for a Feast. It was us and about 600 other church members -it was so much fun. We all enjoyed it greatly. Margaret had a feast at school with her class. That was fun the children recited the Thanksgiving story. Each child had a speaking line. Margaret was long and she did a great job. We ate chicken nuggets, green beans, mac and cheese and pumpkin donuts. Needless to say that was a hit. I love Thanksgiving at school - cute little children that talk about being Thankful!

As always I have a few funny things to share:
1) Thomas: We are at a store that sold Paula Dean cookware. Thomas is looking at the pots and pans. He looks up and ask "Mama- you think it comes with a stick of butter?" I think he has been watching a little too much Food Network.

2) Margaret: she was sick with a cold this week and I kept her home on Thursday. She was being a bit whinny in the car while I took David to school. I told her we needed to stop at the Harris Teeter and pick up a few things. She whined - I told her that I had not had any coffee this morning - did she think she could handle going to Starbucks with me and I would get her a treat. Her face lights up - a big smile comes across her face, She says "I think I can do that" She didn't whine the rest of the day! Starbucks is the best medicine.

3) David: He is big in to "any-many-miny-mo" . We were driving home from church last week -I told the kids "we are going to eat lunch and take a nap - we have to go back to church tonight for our Thanksgiving feast- you must have rest time". He says "no - I want to play outside". I look at him and tell him "no -nap". He says "ok - any many miny mo- you are it" points to himself and says "I win we are getting to do my plan and play out side". Chap and I laugh and tell him nice try but no luck buddy.

That is a short over view of our week. If I don't get back to my blog before Thanksgiving. Everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Jane! I laughed out loud at Thomas' comment on Paula Deen. So cute. Call Food Network- that's got to be worth something free!

Jane said...

maybe a stick of butter!