I usually keep my blog light and fun because I really use it so friends and family can see the kids and I don't have to email out pictures and updates. BUT this morning I wanted to post a quote from a blog I read daily. It is from medical missionaries in Uganda. (I started reading this blog this summer when the kids Sunday School class' were learning about missionaries and this is one of the two we were to pray for.) These are the same missionaries who had to fight with an Ebola outbreak this fall.
Today's post is from the wife Jennifer and it talks about how needs build relationships...
"Need builds friendship. Self-sufficiency, though an American ideal, does not lead to real relationship. "
I don't know why this struck me other then it is so true. When we think we can do everything by our selves then we don't need friends, family or God. That is just so wrong. I think that we have been sold the idea - work hard, do it yourself and all is going to be OK. We should work hard but until we realize we are in need- we will NEVER have the relationships we want and our hearts desire.
I encourage you to read the rest of the Myhre's blog-
http://www.paradoxuganda.blogspot.com/
"Even Jesus asked the woman at the well in Samaria for a cup of water. I need to remember that." Jennifer Myhre
2 comments:
oh jane! God has truly used me to bring comfort and an amazing message as I struggle greatly with a very difficult relationship! Bless you!
i meant to type "God has truly used YOU!" not me! goodness what a typo!
Post a Comment